Welcome back Foot Splashers and Seasoned Swimmers! Today, I have a treat for our Seasoned swimmers–and MAN, is it special (it’s a treat for our Foot Splashers too, but only the most swimmiest among them).
Today begins the first of a four segment series detailing the mistakes that most swimmers make and the remedies to correct them.
Hoy, empezamos la primer segmento: “Swimming Flat”. Swimming “flat” is when, during the Freestlye stroke, instead of rolling with each stroke, the torso remains static.
The Ugly Side of Swimming Flat 💩:
1. Shoulder Impingement 😱
2. Stroke Inefficiency (more work, less results) 😰
3. Your friends will make fun of you
4. You’ll never win a swim race 😢
Steps to Eliminating Flatness and Incorporating Greatness aka The Body Roll 🏆:
1. Listen to Me ✅
2. Reach, Stretch, & Extend Leading Arms ✅
3. Relax & Allow Body to Roll/Tilt to Each Side ✅
4. Show Off to All your Friends Who Doubted ✅
5. Impress your Local Hot Lifeguard ✅
6. Body Roll Off Into the Sunset 🌅
The Beauty of a “Body Roll”
1. Considerably less strain on your shoulders 👍🏽
2. Smoother, more efficient and effective stroke (less work, more results) 🏄🏽
3. The envy of all your friends ☺️
4. Winning impromptu swim races with dolphins 🐬
Once you’re comfortable body rollin’ and body rockin’, you’re ready to check out the next fix! 💦
“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live”- Henry David Thoreau
Like photos shot by unsung exes that you’ll never know on IG: NoChainz26
Watch snaps that I barely post: NoChainz26
Tweet me at…still nope
Read my very public posts to my self on FB @ Christian Try Again
Email TheLonelyFootSplasher@gmail.com for lessons.